Saturday, April 11, 2015

#7 God Keeps His Promises

There are times I reflect on how God’s scriptures water my spirit.  Sometimes I sing songs. Sometimes I pray the scriptures and other times I write them into a poem form.  God has promises for every area of life; fear, hurt, sadness, loneliness, brokenness. There is nothing that God cannot speak to.  He is where we can go to find peace, comfort, joy.  It’s in that hiding place where He can restore us, renew us, revive us. 

               God Keeps His Promises

In need of mercy? Oh mercies keep coming.
They come every morning, new every day.
God is faithful and He pours them onto you.

In need of deliverance? God will rescue you.
Just call on Him when trouble comes.
And when you see His greatness,
You will glorify Him with all your might.

In need of stability? When life is upside down,
Jesus is the same always, never changing,
Yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever.
You can count on His promises.

Feeling alone? We know this too well.
God is there when you talk to Him.
He will never leave you or abandon you.

Full of fear?  He has redeemed you.
He has called you by name, you are His.
He will protect you.

Need love? The Almighty can satisfy you.
He starts to fill you first thing in the morning.
His love never fails.
It causes you to sing for joy.
It causes you to be glad every day of your life.

Need forgiveness? Come to the Lord.
He can forgive you; confess it to God.
God will forgive because He is faithful.
He will cleanse you and make you right with Him.

God is great. Give Him thanks.
Be still and listen.  Understand.
God is the great I Am.

beautiful song:  Most Holy Father

Lamentations 3:22-23, Psalm 50:15, Hebrews 13:8, Hebrews 13:5, Isaiah 43:1, 
Psalm 90:14, 1 John 1:9, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, Psalm 46:10


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for these beautiful reminders of God's love and faithfulness, Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these beautiful reminders of God's love and faithfulness, Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I think of all God has done for me, I am so grateful.

      Delete
  3. God is so faithful ~ thanks for your poem, your praise and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God is faithful, even though we are faithless. I praise God that you have been blessed.

      Delete
  4. What a message you wrote this week. Most Holy Father is the song one of the songs I used on the video for Julio's memorial service. We both loved that song. It bought me to tears. Love Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you were blessed. The song has become one of my favorites. I remember it when you were picking out songs for Julio's service. I love you.

      Delete